Wednesday, December 2, 2009

BEAT TRAIN SOUND SYSTEM




I did some illustrations for a DJ collective website in Boston recently. It entailed an illustrated strip for the background that would change as you navigated to each page in the site. I also designed the logo, various buttons and text on the site. For the logo, I did a type only version, then one reminiscent of a Jamaican sound system, a gramophone which was something the client had indicated they wanted on the site, and one (my favorite) that is based on the Boston T trolley as a hybrid Jamaican Sound System. I'm showing the rough sketches here along with my inspiration.

The site goes live the end of this month. Check it out here. And if you are in the Boston area, make sure you get to a party with these guys on the wheels.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete